What is Medical/Health Tourism ?
Medical tourism refers to people traveling to a country other than their own to obtain medical treatment. In the past this usually referred to those who traveled from less-developed countries to major medical centers in highly developed countries for treatment unavailable at homes. However, in recent years it may equally refer to those from developed countries who travel to developing countries for lower priced medical treatments. Generally, diagnostic procedures and treatment which is quite expensive and not covered by insurance are targets for these overseas patients. Also, patients who face a large queue in their home countries can opt for this form of tourism.
What really puts the word “tourism” in medical tourism concept is that people often stay in the foreign country after the medical procedure. Travelers can thus take advantage of their visit by sightseeing, taking day trips or participating in any other traditional tourism activities.
Why should I opt for Medical/Health Tourism for Treatments ?
• Many healthcare tourists from countries like the United States are seeking better treatment at a quarter or sometimes even a 10th of the price at which it is available in their native land.
• People coming from Great Britain cannot manage to see a physician in private practice due to the high cost of treatment.
• More patients from poorer countries such as Bangladesh & South Africa opt for medical tourism in Durgapur / Kolkata because of the unavailability of proper treatments in their own countries.
• For others, becoming a healthcare tourist is a chance to merge a tropical vacation with medical therapy.
• Getting specialized surgical and medical care during the holiday period: best possible care at all levels is assured thereby attainment of 2 goals is possible!
• Opportunity to visit some of the famous tourist destinations in the eastern part of India and that too at very reasonable rates which include mountains and beaches, jungles and monasteries and so on.
• The concept of waitlisting of patients is abolished; surgery is done within 1-2 days of arrival!
• Much reduced cost of treatment in the eastern part of India compared to other Asian countries and other parts of the world.
• Because of the intensive training of your surgeon, you can expect comparable results to what is obtained in the First World at prices which are Third World!
• Multidisciplinary consultations from top physicians and surgeons for patients who so require: a family package is also possible.
• State of the art hospitals in the city of Durgapur / Kolkata make it an attractive destination for international patients.
I would like to get some cost comparison examples please ?
Consider a surgery like Breast Augmentation in the USA. This surgical procedure would cost around $6000 on an average in good centers like New York and Los Angeles but the same would cost between $1200-$1500 in Epiderma Cosmetology and Laser Surgery Clinic Durgapur / Kolkata which includes all other costs (apart from diagnostic procedures) and their highly-skilled professionals access the latest technology to augment the breast size with almost zero side-effects. Thus, if you have a budget of around $6000 reserved for your Breast Augmentation, you would be able to get the desired surgery and have a complete tour of eastern India as also other parts of India which is a place of natural beauty hugely unexplored while you recover from the surgery! Imagine how refreshing this can be! Similarly, if you are considering other surgeries like hair transplantation, breast lift surgery, male breast reduction, liposuction, vaser liposuction, nose reshaping / rhinoplasty, facelift and so on, you can expect the price of the surgery to be around one-fourth to one third of that in your home country (depending on your home country of course) with comparable surgical results. Therefore, you can spend the rest of the money on a great holiday with your family members!
I know the surgical process is cheap but what about the quality?
So, now you are worried that a cheap surgical procedure would imply a fall in quality! Do we compromise on the things we use in surgery? The answer is NO, NO and NO!! You might wonder how prices of cosmetic surgical procedures might be so cheap here compared to your home country. If you do a survey, you’d find that prices of surgery vary widely among different cities in the USA. This is essentially due to the geographical location and the cost of living as also the cost of suture materials, implants, etc. The cost of surgery is much higher in developed nations because of the higher administrative costs, increased cost of production and huge malpractice insurance needed to be provided by the surgeons compared to in India. Add to this the exchange rate of the currencies. Here, in Kolkata, we use the same sutures and implants manufactured by the same companies that are used by leading surgeons all across the world but the price of these is less compared to over there. Complications can occur in any form of surgery and you might find the most expensive and most experienced surgeon in the city harboring multiple patients who either had complications or were dissatisfied by their surgical outcome and who feel that visiting a center overseas would have been a better option. Therefore, the statement that “expensive is always the best and cheap means a compromise in quality” is completely wrong and especially applies for health tourism.
So what about Epiderma Cosmetology and Laser Surgery Clinic, they are dependable?
Epiderma’s team of highly skilled doctor’s has obtained their basic medical degree and degrees in general and plastic surgery which are fully recognized by the Medical Council of India, the ultimate governing body for medical practitioners in India. They had wide clinical and surgical experience in plastic surgery and has keen interest in the subject and goes in for regular training to keep them updated. They boasts a very high percentage of satisfactory outcomes in their patients following surgeries and is also involved in developing newer techniques in plastic surgery as apparent from their publications. You can have an online consultation with them to clarify all of your doubts and get all of your questions answered before you can think of getting treated by them and ask them all about their training and competence. If you choose Epiderma, you can be rest assured that you would not be disappointed!
So, what is so special about Durgapur / Kolkata?
Durgapur (the Steel City of Eastern India) / Kolkata (the City of Joy), was earlier known as Calcutta and was the capital city of India. Both the city boasts of an extremely warm and friendly atmosphere with all sorts of recreation facilities and good hotels and state of the art hospitals. The state of West Bengal and adjacent states have a low cost of living compared to other parts of the country like Delhi and Mumbai which also includes healthcare expenditure and as such the cost of tourism and medical expenditure is also very less in this part of the country. After you arrive in Durgapur / Kolkata, you have the option of visiting the majestic Sunderbans (the largest mangrove forests in the world with the possibility of seeing Royal Bengal tigers), the panoramic beaches in Digha, the mountains of North Bengal (in particular Darjeeling) and the forests in Dooars all of which are just a few hours away just to name a few. This can really be an enthralling and a lifetime experience and you would feel that you never made a mistake by choosing Epiderma Cosmetology and Laser Surgery Clinic Durgapur / Kolkata